Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does any one read from the Book of Enoch?
08-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Does any one read from the Book of Enoch?
*first of all im not sure if i have put this in the right section? if not please move it thank you!

ok i have never read the Book of Enoch except for a few excerpts from Willis Barnstone's "The Other Bible" from what i have read it sounds like a very interesting text.
what i am interested in is if:

1) any one here reads from it regularly?
2) and if it contemplates there gnostic belief system very well?
3)if it mixes well with Valentinian theology?
4)is it true if this text was important part of the Manichean Canon?
5)what spiritual insights has this text given you?

thank you!
08-18-2011, 04:08 PM
RE: Does any one read from the Book of Enoch?
I think this is the right place. No, I havent read from it regularly. Even though I have it here, I've been slacking. Thanks from the reminder.
What about you? Do you find it inspiring?

InTheWind
10-24-2011, 04:49 PM
I've read and studied it some. There are many interesting ideas concerning its origins and the meaning of some of the portals discussed in the text. Are you interested in is astrological or astronomical implications? Sid

Sid Sowers aka Zak Golden
10-25-2011, 10:31 PM
arrr sorry havent got around to buying and reading a copy of it yet but yeah i am kind of interested in its astrological/astronomical implications
10-27-2011, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2011 03:09 PM by Aion222.)
It's a fascinating text that compliments both the Bible as well as certain choice texts of the NHL. Check out "Another Seed: Studies in Gnostic Mythology" by Gedaliahu A. G. Stroumsa as the author goes into great detail concerning Enoch and its relation to Classical Gnosticism.